Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Recap

General Conference was fantastic, as usual.  Well, other than the computer speakers not working so we had to huddle like birds around to hear and the kids screaming and tantruming in tune with the choirs... you know, other than that it was perfect.  It just never ceases to amaze me that we have a real living prophet of God here on earth and that the words he speaks are always so encouraging, uplifting, and most of all TRUE!  What a blessing to have such a constant beacon of light and hope in a world filled with so many mixed messages.  I am GRATEFUL!!

Also, this past weekend my sister-in-law, Nicole (who was married to my oldest brother who unexpectedly passed away over 3 years ago) got remarried to a wonderful guy, Treavor (who also lost his wife).  It was a sweet, beautiful and fun day and I am SO happy for them for so many reasons!  But I've never had a moment like I had that day with so many mixed emotions... I was SO HAPPY for Treavor and Nicole to get married, but I couldn't help but be sick with sadness that my brother really had died and wasn't physically there with us anymore.  But there was no question that Justin was there in spirit.  I know he is so happy for them and definitely had a hand in putting them together.  Those 4 little boys are so special to me and our family, and I can't even begin to express my happiness for them that they get to have a daddy again here on earth to do so many things with them that they have had to go without for the past few years.  So congrats to you, Treavor and Nicole and your two beautiful eternal families!  We love you!!

No comments: