Friday, September 30, 2011

obituary

Of our dearest friend: Gecko Grill.

Gecko Grill is the ultimate Gilbert, Arizona landmark, staple, must have, must eat, everyone knows about place.  It's mexican food is unlike any other and can never EVER be replaced.  It has served the town of Gilbert for so many years, and has somehow had a terrible leasing misunderstanding that has caused us to say so-long for now.  But hopefully one day it shall return such as glorious as a phoenix, rising from the ashes and returning the joy and hope and satisfaction to all local bellies once again.  We love you Gecko Grill.  We will all be waiting faithfully.  But until then, farewell dear friend...




Yes, we did fight the crowds to enjoy the Gecko one last time today.  And it was worth it.  Goodbye bean dip, goodbye crabby burro, goodbye shrimp-mango quesadilla, goodbye *sniff sniff* southwest shrimp burro smothered in red sauce.... Our love will always live on... goodye...

1 comment:

Heather Jeppsen said...

What?!!!! Now where am I going to eat when I come down? That was one of many on my list. That makes me mad. Every time I'd go I'd see at least 1, 2 or more people I knew there. AHHH! I'm mad and craving that now.