Monday, October 20, 2008

State Fair


NEED I SAY MORE????

Well yes, I guess I should, but isn't fair food the real reason you even truck your hiney all the way to downtown Phoenix and join yourself with the scum of the earth in the first place?? haha, just a joke my friends... kind of. Anyways, we had a surprise visit from part of the Forbis clan this past weekend and had lots of fun and decided to add the AZ State Fair to the list. Not as glamorous as I remember as a wee one, but we still had fun.

We even got Calvin in on the fried goodness action... heehee


Paige found her future calling - a 4H champion goat contender


The petting zoo was pretty great - yes folks, A GIRAFFE!


Aww... so special with the giant lit-up food palace in the backround.



And Paige had the BEST time with Gma Forbis playing dress-up, reading books, and everything else she could squeeze into a weekend - such cute little buddies!


8 comments:

Lane family said...

So classy! Does this mean you're 'fair people' now? Just kidding... state fairs are kinda a right of passage for little kids. (and the food doesn't hurt either) Although maybe next time you should wear your tube top and Daisey Dukes... just a suggestion. I could just squeeze your kids!

Stacy said...

oh my goodness I love Giraffe's. Did you really get to pet it?

m said...

whoa. giraffes, that's amazing! i wish they had giraffes out here in texas. calvin is getting so big!

Jadrian said...

looks like so fun! your kids are adorable!

Stock Family said...

I haven't been to the fair since...Jr. High I think...Looks fun though! Paige is SO dang cute in her dress up clothes! I really can't wait to have Daisy be into that stuff.

Tay said...

You guys are so cute. I hope when I have kids I remember to have as much fun with them. Your children will have such a great childhood to remember.

The Kemptons said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Your family is so cute.

Aunt Sue said...

Amy Lou - you look FABULOUS! Corn dog and all!!! Been thinking about you - love you SO much!