Monday, October 13, 2008

Cabin Fever

We got to go up to my parents' cabin this past weekend and had SO MUCH FUN!!! Seriously, it was so nice to just get out of town and not worry about a darn thing. We had some great adventures. It was so strange to be taking Paige to all the places I went at her age and show her all the crazy/silly little things I did up there back in the day. I swear it feels like I was just there a month ago playing mud wars with all my siblings. That's it, I'm officially getting old. But I still wouldn't mind a good mud war or two...



We decided (accidently) to take the Apache Trail/Roosevelt Dam route up to Payson. It may have taken us 5 hours instead of 2 but man was it a site to see. And yes, those planks of wood are the sorry excuse for a gaurd rail keeping us from crashing to our death on the smallest one lane dirt road I've EVER seen - way to go AZ.



"Chapstick??? What chapstick??"

Had some good bonding time with cousin Tate.

And cousin Celyn.


Calvin did a lot of snugling and my mom didn't mind a bit - it was chilly!
Did some ATV riding - I swallowed a bug for the millionth time in my life - awesome.
Did some hiking - this was Paige's prefered mode of transportation.

Had some great times with Pop Pop and Ganky. (we don't really call them that but don't you think we should?)
Some more snugling for Cal.
Paige had her first REAL s'more.
It was successful.


And what woodsy trip would be complete without a bonfire??? LOVE that smokey smell.


15 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the picture of all of you by the campfire! You guys are so great.

The Comin Family said...

What fun! Did you get Gangy and Pop pop from Arrested Development? It's my secret love.

Lane family said...

That's it. I'm getting a cabin. Maybe tomorrow.

Sami said...

Amy, you are so beautiful. Are you sure you've had two kids?

Stacy said...

Oh yes I love it you are fans of arrested development too! We love that show. Crazy running into you a Safeway! It was good seeing you.

mashby said...

Ames...you look HOT! I must see you guys soon!!! Love those kiddos!!

Amy said...

How cute, You have such a cute little family. Looks like you had a ton of fun, I love getting away.

Jadrian said...

How fun! you guys have such a cute family!

Chaffin Family said...

You guys are too cute! Your gunna have to give me some advice on having two kids!

Stock Family said...

How fun to show Paige everything you did at her age...by the way, you look great!

LaRance family said...

This looks like so much fun. Calvin ia getting so big. You guys look great. By the way I was hyperventilating just looking at that first picture. I HATE hights!

Holli said...

What a fun time! You look great, Amy. That wooden guard rail FREAKS ME OUT. I would have turned around!

Bryan and Shelly Barney said...

Ames it looks like you guys had fun. I miss our hang outs. We need to get together SOON!! I'm still craving that honey wheat bread.

Melanie said...

Sound like you guys had so much fun! We love escaping the heat and heading up to the cabin!! Don't you just love arrested development?! Lets plan another get together!

Emily Shurtleff said...

awww I love camping! Looks like you guys had so much fun. You have such a cute little family. Oh yeah and to the state fair post, my husband goes and spends like forty dollars just on food. He talked about it all year until he finally got the chance to take me. I totally agree with you also about the crazy people there haha.