Friday, August 22, 2008

Oh to be a kid again

Not much as of late, but enough to keep me from posting regularly. So here's the story in picture book format:


big happy smiles


dance parties


pirate parties



pudding treats (and loads of laundry)


fashion shows
lots of growing and lounging
oodles of crafts
and TONS of puzzles

My big project has been turning our loft (dance party central) into a little craft room and it has been SO worth it. Paige just loves to go crazy with markers, crayons, playdough, etc. and I don't have to stress about it getting everywhere anymore now that she has her own special spot. Once again, a huge nod to IKEA for all the supplies. I swear our house could be a living advertisement for them. Yes, I am THAT addicted.

11 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

How fun!! That room looks so dang cute, we need a place like that! It's crazy how big Calvin is getting and Paige is so stinkin cute, I love the high heals!!

Clarissa Meegan said...

That room is amazing. I definitely need a room like that in my next house! I love the pics of your kids! I can't believe how big Calvin is already!

jana said...

I love your pics. Your kids are getting so big! I especially love the ikea rooms. They are so great!

Lane family said...

I LOVE the super cute craft room! Does AZ have an IKEA? I've never been... and I'm still planning on living in AZ. Dale just needs to make some people like him.

Yes I heard the Meagan and Alex news. I talked to him and he's a little... giddy. It all fits into my master plan of creating my own new family. You guys want in?

Amy said...

Love the Decor! That table is so cute.

The John Family said...

oh cute cute! We will get together for sure. Melanie gets back tomorrow. So we can go shop again!

Nammie said...

I think you might need a "dj" for dance party central - let me know when!! Much love, Uncle Norm

Marci McLain said...

Your craft room is adorable! I love the colors! Calvin is getting so big! How fun!

marcie said...

There is nothing wrong with being addicted to the good things in life, such as incredibly cute furniture and accessories at amazing prices!!

I love the pic of Paige in your heels- priceless! And Calvin is cute as can be :)

Lindsay Riggs said...

Your loft looks awesome! Perfect space for Paige to get creative! A few months ago I won a raffle and got a $150 gift card to IKEA! I've been using it to get stuff for our new house and it's so awesome!

Latanya said...

Well written article.