Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Blessing Day

We had Calvin's baby blessing this past Sunday and it was a really sweet experience. A lot of things have been hard since my brother Justin passed away, but for some reason I was really sad about him not being there that day. But just as the blessing ended I had an overwhelming feeling of warmth from the spirit and I knew that he had been there looking on. It was such a special moment. I still just ache thinking about how he's really gone but I am so grateful for the tender mercies that the Lord has shown our family. Families truly are forever.



Anyways, Calvin looked handsome in his little outfit... beanie and all! We had a great time being together in honor of the little man.

Our first family photo

Calvin's great-grandma Bluth

Patrick's parents with the little guy

Good ol' Aunt Mi-mi

And we discovered that trying to take a picture of 6 kids is near impossible.

15 comments:

Jewelle said...

The picture of your family is very cute. I am glad the blessing went well for you. I believe that picture is the first time I have ever seen what Pete's dad looks like.
~Jewelle

Jourdan said...

Oh man. You have the cutest family. Wish I could see those adorable kids of yours in person. And...you look awesome!

Lane family said...

I'm so glad it was such a special day for you. I'm sure Calvin got lot's of hugs and kisses from Justin on his way here.

Poor Paige is TOTALLY surrounded by boys! It doesn't seem to be getting any better for her either. :) Chel assures me that Paige can hold her own. I hope we end up in AZ... my girls would LOVE her!

Stacy said...

Hey Amy,
You look so pretty in your family picture. You honestly have the cutest little family. I am glad everything went so well on your little guys blessing day.

Clarissa Meegan said...

What an adorable family picture! Little Calvin is such a cutie :)

Sami said...

YAY! I love baby blessings. I can't believe how big he is now. You guys have the cutest kids. Can I just say I love love love Paige's hair? I could just... eat it?

The Johnson Family said...

He is so dang cute!! You look great too!! Sorry I missed the gathering at your casa last week, I left my phone at my neighbors and wasn't sure where you lived....oops!! How are you liking the new house? Lets get together.

elizabeth said...

Congrats on your new peanut! He's so cute! What a cute family!

LaRance family said...

That family picture is so cute. I love Calvin's outfit. It was so good to talk to you the other day.

Jared said...

Congrats! What a special day! He is adorable!

Jadrian said...

Your family is so cute! Im sure your brother was watching the whole blessing!

Kiera said...

You guys are the cutest little family ever!!

melissa t. said...

hey there, you guys are too cute! I found your blog thru the Comin's and I just thought I would drop in to see how you guys are doing. You can find us at:thornockconnection.blogspot.com
Melissa Thornock

Erick and Megan said...

Calvin is adorable! I love all the pictures. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and so grateful that we have the Holy Spirit to help us.

Janalyn said...

Little Calvin's so cute! What a great blessing day, thanks for sharing it.
Chris had a good time talking with Pete today.