Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birtheasterday!

As you all know this past weekend was Easter. But it just happened to fall on the same day as Paige's 2nd birthday as well. And if you're wondering why Easter was so early this year it's because it always falls on the Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. Hasn't happened in 300 years and won't for another 275. Just thought that was interesting...

Anyways... we had a family Easter/Birthday Party Extravaganza on Saturday to kill two birds with one stone and boy did we have a rip roarin' good time! WooHoo! Warning: a plethora of pictures follow.
Paige's Pickle Dance

Opening some presents
Blowing out the candles
She had been anticipating eating the cupcake-cake since that morning when I was making it and nothing could stop her now... obviously.
One is NEVER enough.

Some easter egg dying fun.

What would Easter be without an Easter Egg Hunt?

Found another one

Must find more...

The kiddies showing off their loot.


Taking a much deserved break after all that partying!

And on Friday I woke up to my most wonderful hubby's doing of wrapped presents (matching paper and bags mind you) with an outfit ( maternity AND cute which is even hard for me) that he picked out all by himself for me to wear on our date that night for my birthday! What a champ.

And he also covered all of our walls with little notes of special memories of us and reasons he loves me. Talk about a winner! I am one lucky girl. So thanks to my prego horomones I was wandering our house all morning crying while reading the notes, with Paige just looking at me like, "What the heck Mom?" hahaha, what a sight.





16 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

Glad you had such a great weekend. You deserve it.

marcie said...

I LOVE your cupcake-cake. I think that is fabulous! And happy birthday-- if it makes you feel any better things like that make me cry even when I'm NOT pregnant, ha!

Teri said...

Sigh! It was fun to see all the pics and hear about how sweet your honey is. We saw page on Friday...while you were on your date. She is just a little doll. Well, not little...but a doll. Happy B-day to you both.

Summers Camp said...

Happy belated bday Miss Paige! Wow, two already?! Crazy. *B

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Forbis girls! I'm so glad that Patrick took such good care of you and made you feel special Ames. And hysterical how I'm sure Paige was like "what the crap mom?!" when you were walking around crying....these poor kids and our pregnancy hormones. They must think that their world is going to crap with all of our crying. That cake is adorable and makes me really want to make, I mean EAT a cake right now. You did an awesome job. Happy Bday Paiger!

Lindsay Riggs said...

I'm very impressed...with your cupcake cake, your husband's skills in making you feel special, and Paige's cuteness!!

Kiera said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad you all had such a great time!

Melanie said...

Happy late birthday to you and cute little Paige!!! I actually had something small to drop off and when I got to your street I couldn't remember which house yours was and I had Clark in the car and I didn't want to leave it at some random persons house, so til we meet again. Ok, that cake you made paige is SOOOO cute...you will have to explain later and her room...LOVE IT! Last but not least, what a sweet birthday you had!

The McMullin's said...

Hey Guys! I am glad that you guys had a great weekend. Paige looks so cute and I can't believe how old she is now. She is growing up too fast! How are you guys doing? I am excited about the new Forbis to come!

Stock Family said...

Hey! This is Kari (Barnes) Stock! I cannot believe how cute your family is! Your little girls hair is absolutely gorgeous! It's been a long time, hasn't it? I remember seeing you in the Temple... Congrats on the upcoming baby! Two is so much fun! skstock04.blogspot.com

Clarissa Meegan said...

I love the "cupcake aggregation=cake" concept. Convenient for the kids, and love the excess frosting. Let's be honest,no one cares about cake, it's just a way to eat more frosting-Pat.

Janalyn Owens said...

Amy, Can I just say once again that I want to name a little girl Paige someday? Cutest name ever...plus your Paige is irresistable! So good to see your pics.

The Holyoaks said...

Amy - send me your email address so I can add you to our blog! jillholyoak(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Stacy said...

OH so cute. It looks like Easter and the brithday went great. I love your your hubby did for you. What a sweetheart.

Stacy said...

Amy,
I can't believe Tobi is your visiting teacher. She is seriously so hilarious. I love her so much.

I know what you mean about the Tee-shirt I swear people stare at me and I just want to say "yes it is a baby!"

Erick and Megan said...

I love Paige's hair and boots! I wish I knew the little cutie!