Sunday, November 20, 2011

Windmill Lighting!

I have to say, I love living in Power Ranch.  It is such a great spot and always has something very "community-unity-ish" going on - which is so fun!  This past Friday we had our 11th Windmill Lighting Extravaganza!  Well, our first, but Power Ranch's 11th.  Anyways... it was so super cute! 

We walked over to the windmill in our wintery clothes (however, shorts and a tee would have been totally fine weather-wise, but I just felt like we should at least dress the part of a fall activity) where we all gathered with some cute girl scouts to lead us in a few Christmas carols.  Then they chose a kids from the crowd to come up, we all counted down together, and then he flipped the switch to light the windmill!!  It was so adorable!  I of course started tearing up - I tear up at EVERYTHING when I'm prego.  But it was seriously super sweet.  Tears were completely appropriate.




Then we all walked on the candle-lit sidewalk to the community barn where they had hot chocolate and cookies for everyone!  It was so great!!!  The kiddos had such a blast and it was the perfect kick-off (be it premature) to the holiday season!!  Well done Power Ranch!



Disclaimer for the next few years: Paige has decided to start dressing/accessorizing herself these days.  I have GOT to be more careful with the clearance rack...

No comments: