Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Trade-Off

This past weekend it was our turn to take Chel and Shane's kiddo Gus so that they could have their turn for a 24 hour date extravaganza.  Here's some highlights from Gussy's 24 hours in Forbis-land...


I decided to take them over to the splash pad for a bit.  Great fun was had by all. 

It was about this time last year that I was hugely pregnant with Jack and I would think to myself, "I'm just gonna take my big-ol' prego booty and sit RIGHT in the middle of all these kids and soak up this splash pad goodness for myself!"  We are all relieved that I never stooped that low.  But I am not too proud to admit that I still think about it every time I go...

 And what kind of Auntie would I be if I didn't take the kiddos for dipped cones afterwards???


Gus in mid demolition


Calvin scrutinizing the wonderment of dipped-cone-ness. 
Don't try to figure it out my child, just go with it...

Paige experiencing the pure magic that dipped cones have been known to cause


And Jack with his sneaky little smile in realizing that he has conned me out of yet another treat.

And only Gus could conjure up an outfit of this caliber in a matter of minutes. 
I see your time in California has served you well little laddy.  They're so ahead of the trends over there.

All in all we had a good time.  Three kids for the price of one?!?! 
Yah, I'm pretty sure we scored on this one.  Thanks for showin' us a good time Mr. Gustifer!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So fun that you and your sister can trade off kids!! That Gus is such a cutie....he fits right in. Way to be the cool aunt, Ames. It doesn't look like they suffered!

Dewain said...

You never need an excuse to "cool your bootie" when you have kids to tend too! they are the fountain of youth for us "olders"!