Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Cone



Jack was blessed to experience his first ice cream cone yesterday via Auntie Chelsea via Chick-Fil-A.  This is how it went:

 "Hmmm, what is this little grapple that's been placed in my hands?  I better put my mouth all over it to see what it holds in store for me."
 *Eyes wide and maddening with realization*  "OH MY WORD THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER LAYED UPON MY MORTAL TASTE BUDS!  OH SWEETNESS, OH GLORY!  I MUST SHOVE IN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!"
 "Ohhhh, half way done and it's still just as good as the first taste.  Bliss."
 "How dare you!  How DARE you, Mother!  And to think, you say that you love me and then take such a form of perfection away from me!  Oh misery, oh death, take me soon if I can not be forever linked with my one true love..."
And the rest of the company either stared in shock and wonderment, or looked away in embarassment.
Well played you three.  Well played.

And just so you know Jack, your other two siblings hardly got a lick of sugar before their first birthday.  So you just buck up and realize your luckiness of being number three.  I am WAY more layed back on so many levels; if you only knew my child!  So many rules that once stood have been thrown right out the window.  Soooooo many... 

4 comments:

The Kotlacova Cowgirl said...

The post cracked me up! Glad to see ya'll back in the blogging world. I love keeping up on family since we don't get together very often. And I loved the last words about the rules getting more and more lax! I know how that is!ha

Chelsea said...

Yes. I am commenting from your house, on your computer. Oh my I just laughed for seven years. Thank you sister. That profile picture of Jack is the cutest darn thing I have ever seen. Confirmed- I am going to kidnap him.

Meagan said...

HA. Nice commentary Shakespeare.

Anonymous said...

Four of the cutest grandkids in the world right there! Just missing 7 1/2 others! I love the muscle shirt on Jack. Look at those muscles ripple!! Love you all, MOM