Friday, January 16, 2009

A Peeculiar Day

Potty Training - Day 3

We added the undies and a skirt today because ready or not, we had things to do and places to go. She went once before we left in the morning no problem, then we were off to music class and Grandma's house and she did great! No issues whatsoever.

We headed home for some movie time (still not allowed on the couch-sorry Paigey) while Calvin took his nap - wanted to see if a distraction of a movie caused issues but nope, still clear. Then we walked to the doctors for Cal's flu shot and walked on over to see her cousins, "The Boys" (thank you Power Ranch for making everything in walking distance!). I was worried that all the walking would wiggle it out of her or catch her by surprise but again, she was fine. About 15 minutes into the visit I just hear a faint "Mommy?" and I turn around as she says "Me need to go potty" and poor girl had just completely soaked herself. COMPLETELY. I felt so bad for her but couldn't help a little chuckle cause it was kind of cute in a wet your pants sort of way. So we just cleaned up and went on - trading out our Cinderella roos for some robot ones (thanks Tate). When I asked her why she didn't use the potty she just held up the little rubber bug and said "me want to keep playing!" I guess we'll work on that concept.

But other than the one accident (which I am SO GRATEFUL was not in public) she did pretty well for first day in clothes post potty training. I'm sure there will be many more "moments" to come but I'm pretty proud of the little bug. Way to go Paige - we ALL survived (so far)! And that my friends concludes the potty training diaries.

10 comments:

Jewelle said...

Glad that things turned out well! One suggestion, I would ALWAYS make sure to carry a pair of panties and pants with you when you go out in public. I received that advice from my sister-in-law. Sometimes our extra pair will sit in the diaper bags for weeks before something happens and I need it. But let me tell you I am grateful it is there, and I don't have to carry Lily out of a store (or anywhere else!) wearing Allie's blanket. Keep up the good work Paige!

The Johnson Family said...

Good job Paige!! We are still working on that area, we have our good days and our not so good days but I can't wait to only have to change one childs bum!! I like that you are journaling this, I need the helpful tips! We still need to play!!

m said...

wow. that's awesome. go paige.

you guys make some pretty awesome looking babies. that's all i have to say about that.

Michelle said...

Wow she is doing great! We're starting tomorrow. I can only HOPE Abby does as well as Paige has!

Kiera said...

I was thinking about training Kambri but I'm not sure that she is ready yet! How old is Paige and how did you know she was ready? It sounds like you and Paige are doing a great job of it! (love the little water babies shot...so cute!)

Cara said...

You go girls!

Mary Davis said...

My heart goes out to you! I HATE potty training. However, once it's done.....it's so nice!:) It was great see you at the temple on Christmas Eve.

Dad said...

I am so proud of you both! You are sooo patient! Way to go Paige AND Mom!

The John Family said...

Good Luck! Tessa finally goes. I just had to let her do it herself! When she was ready!

Leslie said...

I am so proud of you and of Paige for getting potty trained! Amy, you are the master mother!