Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey Lurkey

We met up Patrick's family in St. George for Thanksgiving and had a BLAST! We got to do lots of fun little things but mostly just loved watching Paige freak out with happiness playing with all the Forbis clan. I can't tell you how lovely it was having so many willing people to entertain the little ones - I loved the break, that's for sure!

Since we were away from home we got to go out for Thanksgiving and can I just say that it was AWESOME!! No slaving in the kitchen for hours before and afterhand over the stove and sink. Just sit on down and have a perfect Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings brought to you to enjoy - complete with pie. WONDERFUL!!! Now I know what it feels like to be a man.



We also took a day to go up to Zion's National Park and man was it BEAUTIFUL!! We had a good ol' time treking around with the kiddos. Living in AZ I've forgotten that there is actually seasons - what is this strange color the leaves are changing??? Oh yeah, it's called autumn.


Just look at that crazy little tongue.


We went with some friends of the Forbis's and they had two little girls and Paige was the happiest I've EVER seen her to have little girl friends to play with - it was so fun to watch her. They were so sweet with her even though she was much younger but it gave her some good potty incentives! Ya, this little tyke next to Paigey is definitely over a year older. Oh my poor giant kids.


A friendly little skipping rocks showdown.

Aren't those mountains cool?


Uncle time.

Sliding down rocks with Uncle Kevin.

Seriously, so pretty.

6 comments:

Jadrian said...

Looks like you had such a fun time! We should get together some time? Maybe after christmas?

Emily Shurtleff said...

aw your little man is getting so big, and of course still just as cute as ever. Looks like a good time!

Leslie said...

HILARIOUS!! Now you know what it feels like to be a man. Thanks for the belly laugh for today.

Cal and Paiger are so adorable. You are such a lucky mom. It looks like you guys had a great time and the scenery was beautiful.

Nammie said...

Nice work Amy - loved the photos. Sue & I will be up in that area this weekend. We have a company Holiday party at a lodge at the mouth of Zion's. Should we take our flip flops? Thanks for the man-slam!! I thought nobody noticed that we just kind of sat around!!! Oooooooooops . . .

xoxoxo, Uncle Norm

Emily King Family said...

Hey Amy,
This is Patricks cousin Emily King (Tracy) It's been awhile. Renette gave me your blog address I hope thats okay. I really don't keep in touch with anyone. It looks like you guys are doing great. Tell pat HI for me. By the way we went out for thanksgiving too and I loved it. No stress. anyways my blogs closed off but I want to invite you to see it. Just e-mail me your address, mine is emily.r.king@aggiemail.usu.edu (sorry its way long).

Lane family said...

Thanks for the Calvin tongue picture. I love your giant kids. All I hear from Pyper is how much she hates being short. Sorry kid. And can I just say- I think it's really funny that you think St. George has seasons. You really are an AZ girl! I'm jealous. Dale is in AZ right now... fingers crossed. He's somewhere between Gilbert and Queen Creek.