Monday, September 10, 2007

Pete or Patrick?






Okay, I've had a few questions about the name of my husband... here's the scoop:


His birth given name is Patrick Ryan Forbis. Charming, eh? Well, when Patrick went off to good ol' Ricks College, one of his roommates names was also Patrick (the most fabulous Patrick Meegan, if you're wondering). It would have been quite confusing to have two Patricks running around the apartment, thus the name Pete was born. And truly, it suits him quite well. Well, after we got married, it seemed like a different name was necessary for every event and I never could know if I should use "Pete" or "Patrick". After a grueling night of self-debate (ha ha), I finally just made the decision to stick with Patrick all the time so I never had to confuse myself anymore. The jist: the names Pete and Patrick are both accepted and loved!




2 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

Pat says: Good to know that the name Pete still sticks too. We've always loved it---and Pete too!

The Holyoaks said...

I LOVE Forbis Fever! Welcome to the dark side!