Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday

Well today I was released as Primary President in our ward.  I've known it's been coming for a few weeks now and have been dreading it.  But it came anyways, and it was an extremely bittersweet day.  I mainly just blubbered as I gave them all hugs and said goodbye to life as I've known it since we've moved into this house - the past 3 years.  I remember praying for the day it would be over, because there was no way I could take care of over 200 kids ON TOP of having my 2, which is now 3, and survive.  It has by far been one of the most challenging things I've ever been asked to do but it has been the most rewarding.  I am just so grateful to my Heavenly Father seeing past what I see in myself, and having faith in me that I can do hard things as long as I rely on Him.  There is no doubt that I am closer (yet, still far from) to the person that my Father in Heaven knows I can become than I was 3 years ago, that's for sure.  So thank you sweet children for your kind smiles, warm hugs, and sweet spirits that you have shared with me!  I love you and will always remember our special time together!!

On a lighter note, me and the kiddos spent some time out back enjoying the cool evening.  Again... GLORIOUS!!

Did some watermelon checking (our only plant that survived the summer).

Some new plant checking.

Some playground conquering.

Some wagon rides.

Some pumpkin-holding-strawberry-checking as well.
It's a fine art.
And if you're wondering why the grass looks so terrible it's cause we just scalped it to get ready for winter grass.  Hopefully this year it's successful cause I am sick of being trapped inside!!

1 comment:

mashby said...

WHOA AMES!! This totally caught me off guard - I bet you are feeling such mixed emotions. No wonder you were a mess for the program! You did such an amazing job, I just know it!! Still can't figure out how you did it with all of those kids!!! Wonder what's in store for you next.....

PS-I'm a little jealous...ha ha!