Thursday, September 15, 2011

Remember This:

Today I had one of those moments as a mother that makes up for every other terrible horrible no good very bad moment that motherhood brings.  And I must record it so that I can look back at it while I'm cleaning up poop and vomit while three children are all screaming at me simultaneously... which happened yesterday...

But the moment was sweet and simple.  Just outside on the swing set.  Beautiful weather.  Paige pushing Jack in a little plastic baby swing and me swinging with Calvin on my lap across from them so that we touched toes every so often.  We were all laughing hysterically and I've never seen happier grins on my kids' faces.  Not to be too corny (but I will be) but it was seriously a moment that I had a glimpse of what heaven will be like!  It was joy in its purest form.

Thank you little moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember well those "little moments" when you were the little one on my lap! Love you sweet Amy! MOM