Friday, August 12, 2011

Week in Review

Having a girl first in the family means that we always do a lot of girly things.  You know, like play with princesses, dressing-up, painting nails, etc.  So it's been a little tough trying to be a man around here.  Thus, on Wednesday, after Calvin asked me for the millionth time for boy makeup, we decided to focus on how cool being a BOY is and did boy things all day.  We all piled in Calvin's room, put on some ties, and built rockets with K'nex.  Too bad the most popular K'nex item turned out to be fresh flowers, ha!! We're working on it...





Cousin Tate turned 8 this week!  So we had a big ol' Bluth swim party shin-dig, naturally.
 And this picture show perfectly our boys' attitude towards food.  Calvin couldn't give two whoops about it and would rather pick his nose, while Jack screams at the top of his lungs at the sight of anything edible until something gets in his mouth.  Lovely.




 We made a trip to Lowe's for some touch up paint to fix up all our dinged walls (mostly from thrown toys).  It was an adventure having all three ride in this monster truck.  No worries, it didn't last long. 
Pete's brother Kevin and his wife Aubrey just moved to the valley and had us over for some family fun times!  And they even busted out the old school Nintendo!!!  So many flashbacks of my youth flooded my mind:  watching my brothers play Zelda for HOURS, learning every secret passage of every single level of all the Mario's until our eyes burned, harmonizing with my sisters the music of Dr. Mario while we played (embarrassingly enough, but yes, I'll admit that), and on and on and on.  Oh the good times we had with you Mr. Nintendo!






And yes, another attempt at adding a pet to our family is underway.  And yes, it is a cat.  And no judging allowed.  He is this cute ol' orange chubbers named Tigger who lost his home and needed a family!!  How could I not?!?!  And on top of that, he is totally house trained, is used to kids, has all of his supplies, and practically looked me in the eyes and said, "Amy, you and your children need me in your lives."  And who am I to argue with that?!?  More pics to come.



2 comments:

Randi said...

Yay! You are back into blogging. Looks like you guys have been having fun. Chelsea told me about the cat. I can't believe you kept it. We may never be able to come to your house, Lucy is deathly afraid of them. Keep up the blogging!

mashby said...

Ames! You are back - I LOVED all the updates!! Yes, I did scroll back and look at all of the updates! I need to take a blogging comeback lesson from you. Let's please get together soon! I have a few days off here and there....
LOVES!!